Dart River Wilderness Jet
Journey from Queenstown along one of the worlds’ Top 10 scenic drives to Glenorchy at the head of Lake Wakatipu. Experience jetboat action, ancient forest walks and a back country bus tour on this fabulous tour.
Dart River Wilderness Jet
Your informative guides will talk about the area's history, the Greenstone trail and Maori legends. Walk amongst ancient beech forest unchanged for 80 million years and view the scenic backgrounds for many Middle Earth movie scenes.
A truly authentic New Zealand experience in an untouched world.
|From:||Queenstown to Queenstown|
|Duration:||Allow 6 hours|
Click on the region name to view more information about the region
- Jet boat: an invigorating hour long jet boating journey into Te Waipounamu World Heritage Area
- Walk: learn about the flora, fauna and rich history of the area on a walk through ancient beech forest with your friendly guide
- Explore: hear tales of the early settlers who carved successful sheep and cattle stations from the harsh and rugged landscape
- 4WD coach drive: discover parts of Middle Earth, Narnia and many other treasured movie locations on a back-road 4WD adventure
- Life jackets (compulsory)
- Spray jackets (optional)
|1 January - 31 March 2019||$269 NZD||$169 NZD||Enquire / Book|
|1 April - 30 September 2019||$259 NZD||$159 NZD||Enquire / Book|
|1 October 2019 - 30 September 2020||$269 NZD||$169 NZD||Enquire / Book|
Children: Child age is 5 - 15 years.
What to bring:
- Sun hat
- Insect repellent
- Warm outer layer
- Supportive footwear
- Small bag, carried at own risk
- Camera, carried at own risk
- The guided walk is 30 minutes long on a rolling track through the forest
- This tour is NOT suitable for children under 1 metre in height (irrespective of age)
- Infants (3 - 4 years) may travel on the Wilderness Safari free of charge (if they meet the height restriction)
Explanations (including stills illustrations) on filming locations on a brief stop had the ‘Lord of the Rings’ fans excited … you had to know some specific details of the films to really grasp.
A rainforest walk was interesting too, & then just a short hop to the river & jet boat. Quickly into the ‘jet’ bit, a donut turn (one of many) upped the adrenalin, & thereafter stupendous gorges & mountains, as we fanged along. Our pilot, Eliot, pointing out icefields, icecaps, & peaks as he swung precariousy by some rock outcrops that you swear were going to take a layer of fiberglass or paint off the boat.
Return down river equally fun. Weather held up nicely for us & we agreed doing the sequence coach out – jetboat back was probably better than vice versa.
All in all a SUPER EXPERIENCE.
We were taken to Glenorchy and introduced to Ethan our awesome jet boat driver. He was excellent and a great guide giving us awesome fast thrills along the Dart River. The tour through the forest was very interesting and magical and Siobhan was awesome again.
We highly recommend this adventure of a life time.