Shotover River Rafting
|Queenstown to Queenstown|
|Allow 4.5 hours|
Click on the region name to view more information about the region
- Transfer from downtown Queenstown to Rafting Base
- Full wetsuit rafting clothing and safety equipment
- Transfer to Deep Creek via Skippers Canyon Road
- Extensive safety briefing
- Rafting on the Shotover River
- Hot showers at Rafting Base
- Transfers / return travel to downtown Queenstown
1 October 2019 - 30 September 2020
Prices are per person and in New Zealand Dollars.
Departure: Tours depart 8.00am and 1.00pm.
Children: Child age is 5 - 14 years.
What to bring:
- Minimum age - 13 years
- Weight restrictions - 40 kg to 120kg
- Suitable for water competent people of moderate fitness
- People with a heart condition or taking heart medication are unable to participate
Begin with an unforgettable coach trip into Skippers Canyon.Take the winding road up into Skippers Canyon, famous for it's incredible twists and turns, tight corners and exciting cliff edges. The journey into the canyon is part of the whole experience as the road has hardly changed since the days when the canyon was mined for gold. The Shotover River runs through Skippers Canyon and was one of the richest gold bearing rivers in the world.
You will then meet your river guide before beginning your white water rafting journey through the spectacular Skippers Canyon. Rafting from Deep Creek over peaceful waters at first, you'll head towards the exhilarating rapids of the lower canyon. The adrenalin pumps as you paddle Rock Garden, After Shock, Sharks Fin, Toilet, Pinball and Jaws to name but a few. Raft the 170m Oxenbridge Tunnel before shooting Cascade Rapid to complete your adventure.