Kawarau River Rafting
The Kawarau river is ideal for first time rafters or suited to those looking for a more relaxed rafting experience.
|Queenstown to Queenstown|
|Allow 4.5 hours|
Click on the region name to view more information about the region
- Transfer from downtown Queenstown to Rafting Base
- Full wetsuit, rafting clothing and safety equipment
- Extensive safety briefing
- Rafting on the Kawarau River
- Hot showers at Rafting Base
- Return travel to downtown Queenstown
What to bring:
- Minimum age - 13 years
- Weight restrictions - 40 kg to 120kg
- Suitable for water competent people of moderate fitness
- People with a heart condition or taking heart medication are unable to participate
There’s plenty of white water action, but also time to sit back, relax and enjoy the spectacular New Zealand scenery. Keep an eye on the other rafts though, as there’s a good chance of a water fight.
It’s the Kawarau River that starred as the River Anduin in Lord of the Rings. The grandeur of the canyons imparts a feeling of paddling through the heart of Middle Earth. Whether you are a Lord of The Rings fan or not, this rafting trip offers an insight into the beauty of the New Zealand wilderness.
Enjoy the unforgettable 400m long Dog Leg rapid. New Zealand’s longest commercially rafted rapid.