Kawarau Jet to Raft
Jump on board a jet boat and race down the river to your next mode of transport and continue this great experience by raft.
|Queenstown to Queenstown|
|Allow 4.5 hours|
Click on the region name to view more information about the region
- Shuttle bus from our Queenstown store to the Rafting Base
- Full wetsuit, rafting clothing and all safety equipment
- Extensive safety briefing
- Shuttle bus to the Go Orange kiosk in Queenstown Bay
- 25 Minute Jet Boat ride to the raft put in
- Rafting on the Kawarau River
- Shuttle from Rafters Road back to base
- Hot showers at Rafting Base
- Return shuttle to downtown Queenstown
1 October 2019 - 30 September 2020
Prices are per person and in New Zealand Dollars.
Departure: Tour departs at 9.00am and 2.00pm.
What to bring:
- Minimum age - 13 years
- Weight restrictions - 40 kg to 120kg
- Suitable for water competent people of moderate fitness
Here is your chance to pair two of Queenstown’s most iconic experiences. Packing in those famous 360 spins and dramatic canyon walls as you discover the Kawarau River and its pristine wilderness. The Jet Boat will race down the river to your next mode of transport. Jump straight into a raft with the team to complete the last section of river, where the Jet Boats fear to go. Spend your afternoon paddling through the historic Kawarau gorge, famous for its gold mining, wineries and it’s stint in The Lord of the Rings franchise.
Paddle and swim your way through grade 2-3 whitewater rapids with a brand-new cliff jumping section added for the adventure junkies. Complete your journey by tackling the famous 400m Dog Leg rapid – the longest commercially rafted rapid in New Zealand. Then head back to Rafting Base for a hot shower before returing to Queenstown town centre.