Hobbiton Express Tour
|Auckland to Auckland|
Click on the region name to view more information about the region
- Sumptuous buffet lunch in the Party Marquee
- Free souvenir voucher
- Return transport with full commentary from Auckland
- Guide with you for the whole day (no transport changes for your return to Auckland)
- Admissions and guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
- Ale, cider or ginger beer at the Green Dragon Inn
- Pick up and drop off at inner city accommodation
Travel south from Auckland over the Bombay Hills to the rich farmland of the Waikato region. You travel through the heritage town of Cambridge where tree-lined streets add the the English style atmosphere. From here your journey takes you through undulating green hills reminding you that you are approaching Hobbiton Shire.
On arrival at Shire's Rest, you embark on your Hobbiton movie set tour. This location is the largest "green set" in the world and the only place where you get an emotional response with a movie set in a natural setting. You see 44 Hobbit holes, the Mill and Double Arch Bridge, the Party Tree and visit the Green Dragon Inn where you can enjoy a complimentary Hobbiton beverage. Choose from ale, cider, ginger beer or an English dark room temperature beer.
After the tour, lunch is included at The Shire Party Marquee (next to The Green Dragon Inn) before you journey back to Auckland.