General information & conditions of travel
Our tours are not escorted group tours - they are for independent travellers. What this means is that it is not the same group of people travelling on their own coach with a tour leader/escort looking after you. You are travelling independently.
You travel on scheduled coach / train services (Great Sights / Newmans / InterCity and Tranz Rail). These depart every day. The Great Sights and Tranz Scenic train services have a commentary provided in English at the points of interest along the way. There is limited commentary on the Newmans / Intercity coach services.
You are picked up from and dropped off at your accommodation each morning and evening. No meals are included in the tour price however stops are made throughout the day where food can be purchased. You will receive a detailed itinerary from us, explaining your schedule. After starting the tour you are taken to your accommodation each night and picked up from there every morning. We provide a free phone number (on the itinerary), so that you can call our office during the tour, if you have any questions or problems.
All of our tours can be personalised to suit your own travel requirements, for example extra days and sightseeing can be added. We offer two types of accommodation on our tours:
Tourist Class - motels units with private facilities and kitchen facilities available on request. Breakfast can be purchased at these properties, but you would have to go away from the motel to buy your evening meal.
Quality Class - hotels or motor inns that are of a higher standard and have restaurants on site.
We endeavour where ever possible to book accommodation that is within walking distance of the centre of town.
* Great Sights, Newmans, Kirra coaches & Grayline - 5 star quality
* InterCity - 3.5 - 4 star quality
Smoking is not permitted on board any of the coaches
* Infants under 2 years of age travel free of charge (using existing bedding and not occupying a seat)
* Children 12 years and under, who share a room with two adults travel at 50% of the adult twin share rate
* For one child and one adult, the adult pays the twin share rate and the child pays 80% of that price
If travelling alone on an independent tour, you must pay the single room rate. We are not able to match you up with other travellers on an independent tour
All prices advertised are in New Zealand dollars and are GST inclusive
* Coach transport
* Accommodation for all tours of two or more days
* Hotel / motel pick up / drop off service throughout the tour (multi day tours only)
* Train excursions where specified
* Attractions where specified in the itinerary
Deposits & payments:
Day tours / activities:
Full payment required at time of confirmation.
Independent coach tours:
At time of confirmation, we require a non refundable deposit of NZ$250.00 per person. For bookings made 30 days or less prior to travel, full payment is required at the time of booking.
Guided group tours:
At time of booking, we require a deposit of NZ$250.00 per person. For bookings made 45 days or less prior to travel, full payment is required at time of booking.
Visa. Mastercard & American Express are accepted
Cancellation & amendment fees (independent tours):
If after your booking has been confirmed you wish to cancel, the following cancellation fees will apply:
* For cancellations up to 7 days prior to travel - loss of deposit (NZ$250 per person)
* For cancellations 7 days - 48 hours prior to travel - 50% of total fare
* For cancellations within 48 hours prior to travel - 100% of total fare
Conditions of travel:
Pacific Travel reserves the right to alter fares, amend itineraries or to cancel tours. Pacific Travel shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage to luggage or personal effects and/or damage resulting in death or personal injury which may arise whilst on tour with Pacific Travel or its nominated suppliers.